POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : A3dsViewer released: converts 3ds files to the pov-ray format : Re: A3dsViewer released: converts 3ds files to the pov-ray format Server Time
6 May 2024 07:43:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A3dsViewer released: converts 3ds files to the pov-ray format
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 16 Feb 2007 17:05:00
Message: <web.45d629d0cb67175cc150d4c10@news.povray.org>
"Slider" <sli### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> http://www.aptagraphis.com/download.html
> Any requests are welcome.
>
> Tomas

Interesting.  A few questions: 1) Does it convert to mesh2? 2) Does it do
smoothing? 3) Is the output customizeable?  One of the problems I have with
other converters (3DWin in particular) is that I can't get it to output the
mesh without the texture block and references, requiring me to remove it by
hand.

When I get the chance I'll give it a try anyways (now if only someone could
make a MAX to POV converter)

-tgq