POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Raining... : Re: Raining... Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raining...
From: s day
Date: 16 Feb 2007 15:10:00
Message: <web.45d60f37d45e36bf956134060@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Ross" <rli### [at] speakeasynet> wrote:
> >
> > I think it's great. Some of Darren's comments woul dbe nice as well. I think
> > i'd make the falling rain in the foreground a little less elongated, even
> > though i know you are trying to show motion. nice work.
>
> Thanks.  Yes, I took a little artistic license in the raindrop shape,
> otherwise it's tough to show motion (motion_blur wasn't working the way I
> would have liked and considerably added to the render time).
>
> -tgq

Hi Trevor,

Firstly, thanks for creating the CGSphere template file, it's great to have
a POV template to play with. This is a great image, I agree that the
droplets on the lense need a less round shape and have a thought about the
rain droplets. Have you tried using multiple copies of each droplet giving
higher droplets a higher level of transparency? I have used this effect to
make a wheel look like it was moving and it worked quite well but it does
hurt the render times a lot!!

Other than that it is a great image and the water looke excellent.

Sean