POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CSG mouth update : Re: CSG mouth update Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG mouth update
From: quickfur
Date: 11 Feb 2007 21:10:00
Message: <web.45cfcb7b2812fd3add5364bf0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "quickfur" <qui### [at] quickfurathcx> schreef in bericht
> > "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> >> This one is strange.... The eye (sad?) seems to contradict the mouth
> >> (happy).
> >
> > Does it? AFAIK, it does seem quite smile-like, although imperfect
> > since it's not obvious how exactly one generalizes the smile of
> > 2-eyed creatures to a 1-eyed creature. :-)
> >
> I think this comes from the shape similarity  between eye and mouth. Could
> you try the same but with the corners of the eye not bending down? I am
> curious...
> However, it's just my own impression :-)

Hmm... maybe it's a problem with bad camera angle. The camera is
actually just a little above shoulder-level, and the corners of the
eyes are actually fixed. But anyway, opening the bottom eyelid a
little more gives something like this (attached). Still smiling,
although a little less warm, IMHO.

[...]
> > I've also thought about language... I happen to be of the kind
> > who don't believe in aliens that speak English, unrealistic as
> > that may seem ;-), so I might draw up a quick sketch of his
> > language and writing system. (The main motivation, of course,
> > is the writing since it seems odd to have aliens flying ships
> > with English letters painted on them.)
> >
> LOL
> That's great! MIB (which is authoritative where aliens are concerned)
> clearly showed us that aliens do speak English! Writing, however, is another
> matter... I am looking forward to your writing system.
[...]

Hehe... well, I'm one of those freaks who invent languages in their
spare time (and I'm not talking about computer languages) so I'm
probably gonna sketch out a skeleton of the alien language and
then invent a writing system for it.

Does povray support UV mapping for all the esoteric objects I CSG
together to make the ships? I figured I'd need that once I invent
said writing system.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tutki.png' (112 KB)