POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Return to the Rainforest : Re: Return to the Rainforest Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Return to the Rainforest
From: s day
Date: 11 Feb 2007 18:10:00
Message: <web.45cfa16fdaefef4dd42597a60@news.povray.org>
"gerberc" <ni.### [at] bluewinch> wrote:
> It's been a long time since I posted an image here. I just discovered
> GeoControl, a very nice terrain generator, and thought I'd post one of my
> experiments. The ground fog is not very realistic, unfortunately scattering
> media rendered too slowly. This one uses a mix of emittive and absorbtive
> media and took 16 h on a 3.6 GHz P4 at 2800x2100 pixels. Terrain made with
> GeoControl, trees with POV-Tree.
>
> Best regards, Christoph

Hi Christoph,

Good to see one of your images here, this is a very well composed scene. I
think the ground fog looks pretty good, I never seem to be able to get the
turbulent effect with ground fog that you always manage to achieve. Is
there some setting I have not found yet because turbulence just doesn't
seem to make much difference with fog when I use it..

Great picture.

Sean