POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Indoor lighting - radiosity : Re: Indoor lighting - radiosity Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Indoor lighting - radiosity
From: Agustin Britait Molina
Date: 11 Feb 2007 09:45:01
Message: <web.45cf2afc765dd2cada0e3250@news.povray.org>
>But (yes, there's a but), the effect isn't photo-realistic. It's almost
>there but falls short, and I believe it is due to the textures' lack of
>imperfection. All flat surfaces have minute variations in pigmentation
>and topography. Corners have dirt and edges have slight wearing (even if
>new). Cabinets and other furniture are not built perfectly. We usually
>don't notice such things because they are so commonplace to us, yet when
>we see "perfect" homes in real life, all these thing are there to a degree.

I totally agree with this, the right image is "too perfect" for real life.

The sun light in left image is more adjust to reality.

I think with some quasi-imperceptible fill lights (shadowless or so) could
simulate better the imprevisible field of luminosity in a room or any other
hollow space... or maybe some ambient light with very few ammount.

All of this need experimentation...