POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : Parsing Feature Question "pack and GO" or "briefcase" style tool : Re: Parsing Feature Question "pack and GO" or "briefcase" style tool Server Time
16 Apr 2024 04:01:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parsing Feature Question "pack and GO" or "briefcase" style tool
From: Charles C
Date: 7 Feb 2007 01:55:00
Message: <web.45c9770d6042346ce94cc5130@news.povray.org>
A simple & compatible-for-all approach (because it's SDL), less the details:

I bet you could re-do each library so that within each file, each "entry" is
a #case within a giant #switch.  Then if each entry contained strings of SDL
rather than straight SDL you could easily automate building up a smaller
file's worth of textures or what-have-you.  (Yes that's treating a file as
a macro rather than defining the switch in a macro since we wouldn't want
to keep most of it in memory, and then running through it N times to cover
however many items we're picking out.)

Charles