POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CSG eye/mouth experiment (update) : Re: CSG eye/mouth experiment (update) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG eye/mouth experiment (update)
From: quickfur
Date: 6 Feb 2007 12:20:00
Message: <web.45c8b80090cda992dd5364bf0@news.povray.org>
Verm <pov### [at] thirteeendynucom> wrote:
> quickfur wrote:
> > Nevertheless, I think the
> > creature is a tad more expressive than just having an eye,
> > don't you think? :-)
>
> Yes... but I did really like the way you'd got so much expression out of
> just one eye. It would almost be nice to have a character just with an
> eye (or two) just because you can. Why not give your alien a pet
> gastropod of some sort?

Hey, good idea! I could make a one-eye creature consisting solely
of one eye and 3 leg-tentacles... crawling around scowling at you,
for example. :-)

> Also now you have an eye and a mouth on the same creature the
> expressions have to match.

Yeah, that's true. Although, it does allow such subtle expressions
as when he's clearly not happy with you, but is just faking a smile
(staring eyes vs. smiling mouth).

> He's *very* cute anyway.

Thanks! I designed him to be very cute... it's nice to know that
I'm at least somewhat successful in that respect. :-)