POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another RSOCP : Re: Yet another RSOCP Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another RSOCP
From: quickfur
Date: 6 Feb 2007 12:00:01
Message: <web.45c8b2365fd2b3cfdd5364bf0@news.povray.org>
Kyle <hob### [at] gatenet> wrote:
> On Tue,  6 Feb 2007 02:34:14 EST, "quickfur" <qui### [at] quickfurathcx> wrote:
>
> >Uh oh... you mean, like this?
>
> Yes.  Very funny, and very impressive to put it together so quickly!
[...]

Hehe, thanks. I already had the model of the alien creature, even
though it's still under development (as you can see, the hands and
feet need a lot more work, and there is still much work to be done
to make the neck flexible, etc., etc.). So it's just copy-n-paste.
The UFO models had also been done previously, ready to be
#include'd, in fact, so it wasn't that much work putting them
into the scene.

So most of the real work was creating the claws of the RSOCP
cops and getting the UV-mapping of the RSOCP label positioned
properly (this is my first time using UV-mapping in POV). That
is to say, it wasn't *that* much work.

The alien creature, BTW, is a reference to my first post in
p.b.images --- the RSOCP cops are after him 'cos he dared to
land in POVland without first being heralded by an RSOCP
scene. ;-)