POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snakes WIP : Re: Snakes WIP Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:55:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snakes WIP
From: St
Date: 2 Feb 2007 15:05:00
Message: <web.45c3980d4aa8a70a7011df190@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>        You may want to UV map the head or the body so as to be able to
> distinguish between them in your final image - the heads of snakes tend to
> have larger scaly patterns above the eyes and down to the nostrils.

  Hmm, scratch that. According to this image,
http://www.reptilis.org/morelie%20v/imageZoom.htm, my above statement isn't
true of 'all' snakes. Can't say I've ever noticed the scales on a python's
head before though...

 So, you could still UV map your model and just scale down (bump_map wise),
the part between the eyes to the nostrils. Sorted m8.

   ~Steve~