POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Timetrap (125 k) : Re: Timetrap (125 k) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Timetrap (125 k)
From: quickfur
Date: 1 Feb 2007 22:40:01
Message: <web.45c2b2766f5b11abdd5364bf0@news.povray.org>
"helge_h" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Here is an image I've been working on lately. It's not finished, something
> is missing, I think. Any ideas or comments are welcome.
>
> We say that the time passes, but it has to come from somewhere. This is
> where it comes from: it is caught in such timetraps up on the mountain and
> the time is reported via telephone down to the rest of sivilisation.

Maybe try scaling down the crackle texture (or whatever it is) on the
stairs? Right now they seem too large to permit such perfectly smooth
edges. Alternatively, add some bumpiness to some parts of the edges
to simulate rocks that didn't quite fit in.

Also, what are those bluish-white spots on the rock in the foreground?
If they're supposed to be ice, they aren't very convincing. A real
snow-covered rock wouldn't have such splotchy patches of ice/snow;
ice tends to form in sheets and perhaps streaks (refrozen from partially
molten snow), and snow edges formed from melting wouldn't have
frozen splotches left, but rather dark patches and streaks (wet rock
from the slow trickle of water flowing down). Your current texture
looks very good from a distance, but you might want to consider
tweaking the details more carefully for the foreground rock.

Other than that, pretty good. The sky is nice.