POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Timetrap (125 k) : Re: Timetrap (125 k) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Timetrap (125 k)
From: helge h
Date: 1 Feb 2007 17:05:00
Message: <web.45c263306f5b11abd08ee8ee0@news.povray.org>
> OK, admit it. You used crackle for the rocks. ;-)

Me? No, never! Well, there's a little bit of crackle in there somewhere, but
it's more complicated than that. It's also a height_field without the smooth
keyword. The lichen is the leopard pattern with a lot of turbulence.

> The man looks really good. Although... the shadow on his trousers looks
> way darker than the shadow on the ground... makes him look pasted on.

It's a photo on a plane without shadows, and some more (invisible) planes
that cast the shadows. However, what makes the shadows the way they are,
are a lot of non-shadow-casting lightsources around the scene to provide
ambient lighting. If you look closely, you will see that all the shadows on
the horsontal planes are the same. But I take your point, I'll probably
adjust the lights in a later version.

Thanks for the comment!