POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CSG eye experiments : Re: CSG eye experiments Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG eye experiments
From: quickfur
Date: 30 Jan 2007 11:40:01
Message: <web.45bf74104b57ebfdd5364bf0@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <pte### [at] thecommononethatstartswithYcom> wrote:
> quickfur wrote:
>

> > Comments? :-)
>
> Not very expressive in that so many are the same. If one squints, they all
> look alike.  If it's the main source of emotion, you gotta make it much
> bigger, or make the effect be the main thing a disinterested party would
> get if they made a quick sketch of your frame.  Maybe consider animating
> the pupil size, iris color, bend of the eyestalk, goose bumps or "hunches
> of skin" along eyestalk, cartoon elements like smoke, sunbeams from eye,
> etc.

You're right, as a whole the model isn't very expressive yet. But I was
mainly concerned with the eye, since that is the part that I have worked
out in detail (and even then, I still haven't added eyeball rotation for
looking around yet). The rest of the model is incomplete, and is just
there as a crude sketch of what it might look like in the end. I will
eventually add a mouth as well, which should add to its expressiveness.