POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Io : Re: Io Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:27:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Io
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 30 Jan 2007 09:25:01
Message: <web.45bf546bfa3b26c2731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> I certainly do like this image.
> If you still want Io to orbit Jupiter, just rotate Jupiter around the
> viewing-axis (z-axis more or less) until they are aligned again :-)

Could do. That'll mean trial-and-error with some tiny tiny angles.

> I am not sure about the penknife. I think that needs further modelling, in
> the line of some of the other comments perhaps. It needs something dramatic,
> especially as it is in the foreground.

The problem is, as described, the penknife is exactly that: undramatic. I've
already exaggerated it by giving it a nonzero diffuse reflection! It's
supposed not to return anything, even radar, as I recall; you can only see
it by light occlusion. Perhaps I should fill it with stars or something.

Another idea I had was to use the crew section of the 'Discovery' as the
CGSphere, and have everything else arranged in the background. But that
might actually entail some effort! It'd be a good excuse for some greebling
though... hmmm...