POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A courtyard scene : Re: A courtyard scene Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:33:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A courtyard scene
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Jan 2007 01:35:00
Message: <web.45bd94c4a665bdeee64a7b9e0@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> A much improved version if I do say so .....

To get that "in the gloaming" look--a beautiful idea-- I would suggest, as
others have, an area light for the courtyard, to soften the shadows.  But
to make it somewhat of a pastel blue.  On a clear and crisp late afternoon,
the light coming from the overhead sky at sunset transitions from light blue
to a darker blue/purple. Or use TWO area lights, one blue, the other
pinkish/orange (to simulate some overhead clouds reflecting the setting
sun.)

Very nice work.

KW