POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A courtyard scene : Re: A courtyard scene Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:32:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A courtyard scene
From: s day
Date: 26 Jan 2007 05:55:01
Message: <web.45b9dd53a665bdee211a62630@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> A much improved version if I do say so .....
>
> In order to get a better view it took a combination of moving the camera
> back and pushing the outside building out WAY farther in the "Z" axis. It
> took a bit to get the camera angle so the image didn't have a pinchusioned
> look to it. The close up view of the wall and the oil lamps has an area
> light the size of and almost right up against the ceiling. I like this tile
> color scheme MUCH better than the previous version ....
>
> Thanks everyone who offered comments on previous version .... I was
> suffering from POV version of writters block!

This does look much better than the original, If you are still planning
further improvments I think you should use an area light to soften the
shadows a bit, I like the sky/trees but it is not realistic as the Sun
appears to be setting in the distance but the light is comming from the
left side. However, it would be a shame to lose either the shadows of the
arches or the great looking sky so I would not change this it is just an
observation.

Also it is worth adding a layer of dirt over your wall texture to slightly
darken the texture near the floor again this is if you are aiming for
realism which is not always the purpose.

Sean