POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CSG eye experiments : CSG eye experiments Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  CSG eye experiments
From: quickfur
Date: 26 Jan 2007 01:15:01
Message: <web.45b99b094b8df6f1dd5364bf0@news.povray.org>
Hi all.

I'm experimenting with a CSG model of an alien creature (still mostly
unfinished), and finally figured out a nice way of making eyelids that
flow properly around eye holes of various shapes, so I decided to play
around with different expressions that can be made using only the
creature's single eye:

http://eusebeia.dyndns.org/pov/tutki/test01.html

The different expressions are all fully specified by a set of 6
parameters to the eye macros I made. No after-the-fact
hand-tweaking was done, because I want to eventually use the model
in an animation, and hand-tweaking every frame is not practical.

Comments? :-)