POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A courtyard scene : Re: A courtyard scene Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A courtyard scene
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 25 Jan 2007 23:50:01
Message: <web.45b9873aa665bdeebb1c02580@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> A much improved version if I do say so .....
>
> In order to get a better view it took a combination of moving the camera
> back and pushing the outside building out WAY farther in the "Z" axis. It
> took a bit to get the camera angle so the image didn't have a pinchusioned
> look to it. The close up view of the wall and the oil lamps has an area
> light the size of and almost right up against the ceiling. I like this tile
> color scheme MUCH better than the previous version ....
>
> Thanks everyone who offered comments on previous version .... I was
> suffering from POV version of writters block!

Great job!  The lamps and texture on the foreground wall are terrific.  Only
two small comments. The texture on the far wall (looks like it's the same
texture as the foreground) is too uniform at that distance.  It almost looks
like new stucco, so maybe some larger patterned texture would help.  Also,
the roof on the tower is very smooth when outlined against the sky (image
mapped cone?)  If you had a few tree branches coming out from behind just a
teensy bit it would break up the line to make it less noticeable.

I think a close up of the lamp in its alcove the way it's currently lit
would look awesome!

Mike