POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Web page banner : Re: Web page banner Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Web page banner
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 25 Jan 2007 23:30:01
Message: <web.45b98297f5b25ffebb1c02580@news.povray.org>
Florian Brucker <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote:
> Hi Mike!
>
> I'm not sure whether I like that perspective with respect to the planned
> use as a banner. IMHO looking straight down onto the text would look
> better. I'd probably even use an orthographic camera for such things,
> although it kind of eliminates the 3D effect...
>

> Regards,
> Florian

Yes, I know what you mean about the perspective.  I was trying to show off
the soft shadows and it didn't look right from above.  Maybe i'll lift the
letters off the plane a bit to see if that helps.  Or, possibly stand the
letters up and view them from the front.  I don't want to go totally
orthographic in this case, since I want to maintain the 3D look. I find
that setting the camera back and using a small camera angle helps keep it
looking "close" to orthographic but not quite (if that makes sense).

Thanks for the ideas,
Mike