POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : For the wishlist... : Re: For the wishlist... Server Time
27 Apr 2024 11:10:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For the wishlist...
From: Lawrence W
Date: 22 Jan 2007 16:00:01
Message: <web.45b525b527a5e584ae2ccffa0@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote:
> Hi Lawrence W, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > I'm frustrated.  All I want is for Moray 3.5 to output code that'll operate
> > within spec for Povray 3.7.  I simply can't get enough of Moray, and to
> > actually see the speed differences between Povray3.5 and the
> > multi-processor/core aware Povray3.7 is like touching a god's soul.  ...
> > Okay, imagery aside, I'm just so pissed from trying to get Moray3.5 to
> > output code without the silly parse errors springing up like crickets in
> > the night.  *sigh*
> >
> > That's all I have to say.  Better output to Povray.  Obvious, but I wanted
> > to say it.
>
> I understand the frustrations expressed by the posters in this thread,
> I am not oblivious to them. And it pains me to have had Moray come to
> a standstill too....
>
> I still did not see any specific problems listed that POV-Ray 3.7 has
> with the output from Moray V3.5. Unfortunately, I haven't kept up with
> POV-Ray development, but are POV-Ray V3.7 scene files not compatible
> with POV-Ray V3.5 scene files?
>
> - Lutz
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Lutz,

I'm glad I caught your attention.  I swear, I should just e-mail you
directly... Anyway, my issue is with the POVTXTR2.INI file that gets
created when rendering to POV-Ray.  I've had two specific problems parsing
that file from within POV-Ray 3.6/3.7: radiosity keyword and (I think) a
buffer keyword.  I could be off; I'll have to check my records, but either
way there are parsing errors and are generated any time I try to render a
scene from Moray.  I can get around them if I modify the POVTXTR2.INI file
outside of Moray, but then that defeats the purpose, and besides, as soon
as I work on the mdl again, the problem pops up.

If that's not clear, let me know and I'll reinstall POV-Ray 3.7 and post the
exact messages.  Thanks a bunch, seriously.