POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : New topic? : Re: New topic? Server Time
5 May 2024 19:36:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New topic?
From: Hildur K
Date: 21 Jan 2007 06:20:00
Message: <web.45b34be3dc71f6c4505d35150@news.povray.org>
I followed the link above and read all the posts. It seems that the guy
responsible (admin) is more or less cut off from the outside world!!! At
least in November he was. This is a very strange situation. How can anyone
update the server without an proper access to the internet???

temporarily) delegated to somebody else who has better access.

At the same time they say they are working on a better code to make the

To the admins: let it be clear: we are grateful and appreciate all the work
you are putting into the IRTC in your own free time. All we need right now
is a new topic. Some delays regarding voting and announcement of winners

As it is now, we have 39 days left of this round, which is perhaps enough
time to make some stunning art, but further delays would make it impossible
for some people. Some people work faster, some have more free time. Others,
who otherwise would have entered, will have to skip this one, which is too
bad.

This competition has always been about anyone being able to participate,
regardless of skills or experience. I see the whole thing as a huge

technology and ideas all at the same time.

This is the place where new artist are born, supported by the whole
community, having the freedom to express themselves as they please, and
getting individual feedback which is invaluable. The sharing of ideas, of
code, of technique, of artistic expression. No commercial interest
whatsoever makes the whole experience even greater, people having the
freedom to choose their combination of tools at their own discretion and
ability.
This is pretty unique if you ask me and adds to the variety and creativity.

So if anyone is having doubts about the IRTC, about it being an old

have changed in the last 10 years, software has improved and more people
are playing with raytracing than before. If the above mentioned technical

competition than ever before.

Personally I would like to see the IRTC grow and become bigger and stronger,
still having this unique flavor of freedom.

Hildur.