POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Orange Clock preview : Re: Orange Clock preview Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orange Clock preview
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 22 Dec 2006 09:05:00
Message: <web.458be4f24e941309c150d4c10@news.povray.org>
"Dave Matthews" <dav### [at] mnwestedu> wrote:
> "Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > I've been doing some more work on my Clockwork Orange for CGSphere (more of
> > a clock now...).  Here's a preview.
> >
> > -tgq
>
> That's looking very nice, and the conception is great!  How did you get the
> grids to show up so well?  The only solution I found was to cheat and go
> into the template and widen them slightly.  Even setting aa 0 and using
> focal blur, I'm still getting gaps at 800 x 800.
>
> Dave Matthews

Thanks!

I had to resort to +A0.0 +R3 +AM2 AA settings.  Then you need to find ways
to cut the render time down.  I found that for this one, the gears were
really slowing it down, but I fixed it by using manula bouding on them.
CSG with difference can lead to bad bounding boxes at times.
BTW, you can't use both AA and focal blur.  Setting focal blur will turn off
traditional AA.

-tgq