POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Futurustic, high-power, spacecraft : Re: Futurustic, high-power, spacecraft Server Time
6 Aug 2024 20:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Futurustic, high-power, spacecraft
From: EagleSun
Date: 19 Dec 2006 09:25:01
Message: <web.4587f5f1ff75702c87ea6da70@news.povray.org>
"Jon S. Berndt" <jsb### [at] hal-pcorg> wrote:
> "EagleSun" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message news:457f2619
>
> > Hi Jon!
> >
> > It's really exciting to see someone from Houston on this forum AND
> > publishing magazines.  Looks like Tek has a very good ship for you....
> > would you need background to go with it?  I've been rendering planets,
> > including a few to show in a movie...
> >
> > Let me know if you need something...
>
> If a ship does come out of this, a planet might be a nice background. Not
> sure if the image would portray braking into orbit or leaving ... hmmm.
>
> Jon

Would a foreign planet portray the fact that it left earth and arrived
somewhere far?

Thanks for writing again... I've also been away mainly because I gave up my
old computer and received a new one, and I'm just getting myself setup on
it.

It's quite difficult to search what you are looking for, hoping it already
exists.  Typically when I search for something, I give myself about 3
months to search, where either I find it after 2 months, or conclude it
doesn't exist.  To get what you want, your best chance is to describe it
and let the volunteers make it.  And I think we would be happy to make
something for a high-profile magazine.

OK, describing my collection...

[America        ][Africa/Asia   ][Planet Houston][Himalayas     ]
[Europe/Asia                    ][Borentuu Sys. ][Uranus        ]
[Saturn Portrait by Cassini     ][Space City    ][              ]

I'm from Houston too, so I like to make planet Houston.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'compile.jpg' (103 KB)

Preview of image 'compile.jpg'