POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rendering lull : Re: Rendering lull Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:35:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering lull
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 19 Dec 2006 04:10:01
Message: <web.4587ac048f139dc5f5fba6ef0@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote:
> > Here is an attempt to diamonds (and a humble contribution to the 'rendrering
> > lull' topic). After a quick look to gemologists sites for the cut angles.
> >
> > Regards
>
> Looks pretty good to me.  What kind of ior are you using?  Trace level?
>
> -tgq

Hello.

I posted in p.b.s-f my include file for diamonds macro, and here is the test
file for the image (maybe not exactly the same parameters):

// Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer Scene Description File
// File: diamond4.pov
// Vers: 3.5
// Desc: Basic Scene Example
// Date: december 2006
// Auth: Bruno Cabasson
//

#version 3.5;

#include "colors.inc"
#include "diamond.inc"

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
  max_trace_level 50
}

// ----------------------------------------

camera {
  location  <0.0, 0.0, -6.0>
  direction 1.5*z
  right     x*image_width/image_height
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
}

light_source {
  <0, 0, 0>            // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1, 1, 1>  // light's color
  //parallel //area_light x/5, y/5, 3, 3 circular orient
  translate -20*z
  rotate 90*x
}
// ----------------------------------------
// Background
sphere {0, 1 pigment {color rgb 0.02} scale 100}

#declare TILT = 25;
object
{
    makeDiamond(Red, 0.99, 15, 0.07)
    rotate -TILT*x
    translate y
}
 object
{
    makeDiamond(Green, 0.99, 15, 0.07)
    rotate -TILT*x
    translate 1.2*x - y/2
}
 object
{
    makeDiamond(Blue, 0.99, 15, 0.07)
    rotate -TILT*x
    translate -1.2*x - y/2
}

Here is attached another instance of a diamond with photons.

    Regards

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'diamond6.png' (416 KB)