POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snow Texture Proposal : Re: Snow Texture Proposal Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snow Texture Proposal
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 13 Dec 2006 12:35:00
Message: <web.45803905520f986cf5fba6ef0@news.povray.org>
Thnaks all for advices.

I recall that it is just a texture, and my purpose is not to build a whole
realistic snowy scenery (which requires much more than a texture). I only
want to test the texture in itself. Anyway, in order to add some realism, I
made a simple mountain scene where the ground is just a textured
(iso)surface, but it may be OK to see how the snow texture reacts.

The elevation of the sun is 25 degrees (quite low). The short-distance
appearance is is bit too dark wrt the long-distance. At higher angles the
texture appears brighter at near distance and is more consistant with
long-distance behaviour. I have to test it further... and probably rework.

Regards.

    Bruno

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: