POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snow Texture Proposal : Re: Snow Texture Proposal Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snow Texture Proposal
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 11 Dec 2006 17:35:00
Message: <web.457ddce4520f986c2318888b0@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:

> For the balls, the top is OK, but the sides and overhangs are not. It suposed to
> be older, packed snow. The fresh snow should be thicker on the top, thinning out
> as the slope increase, and completely absent wherever it's vertical or overhanging.
>
> --
> Alain
>    A hooker once told me she had a headache.
>     Rodney Dangerfield

OK. I think this can be arranged with a slope pattern. My purpose here was
to find something suitale for nearly flat surfaces when close to the
camera, and fading away to a bright pigment with distance. I tried to make
it sparkle when seen from near and make it fluffy like brand new snow. Not
a real success for shapes like the balls, but it may be OK in some cases.

I'll rework this ..