POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : CSG Fonts - A New Idea? : Re: CSG Fonts - A New Idea? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG Fonts - A New Idea?
From: Randall Sawyer
Date: 2 Dec 2006 04:35:00
Message: <web.457147c6eaed41c053aecac0@news.povray.org>
I've decided to re-release the same 'CSGFont' package.  This time, I've
tightened up quite a few things:

First, I dropped "csg_font.history.txt".

Second, I cleaned up my file-naming system.
For a top folder:  [AUTHOR].[descriptor]
For includes:      [author].[descriptor].[catagory].inc
For render files:  [author].[descriptor].pov
For text files:    [author].[descriptor].txt
The file that was named "csg_font.standards.txt"
           is now named "srs.csg_font_standards.txt".

The file that was named "srs.csg_font.utility.inc"
           is now named "srs.csg_text.csg_fontformat.inc".

The file that was named "csg_font.preview.pov"
           is now named "srs.csg_font_preview.pov".

Third, I reformatted my commented notes for easier reading.  I also cleared
up my definitions in the 'standards' file.

Fourth, I tidied up my code.  Empty unions are okay now.  (Check out how I
handled the geometry for the <space> character.)  Just use the option '+W0'
on the command line when you render if you don't want all those unpleasant
warnings.

Fifth, I smoothed out the quality/render_time factor of the sphere_sweep
arcs by estimating arclength.

From now on, every file I upload onto this site will have the prefix "srs"
and every folder I upload will have the prefix "SRS".  This way it will be
easier for you to find anything on your system that I've written that you
might want to replace or delete.  Please let me know if this prefix
conflicts with anything else you have.

-Randall

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: