POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : CSG Fonts - A New Idea? : Re: CSG Fonts - A New Idea? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG Fonts - A New Idea?
From: nemesis
Date: 1 Dec 2006 21:50:00
Message: <web.4570e94beaed41c0e26d4bc90@news.povray.org>
"Randall Sawyer" <sra### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I get 'warning' messages when I use unions with fewer than 2 objects in
> them.  So, I started writing all macros in a style in which no empty- or
> single-item- unions are called.

yes, that's ok.  It was just a minor nitpick. :)

> I know a 'warning' is only a 'warning'.
> But still, they annoy me.  Is there a way to selectively turn off specific
> warning messages?

I don't know, but you can always safely ignore the ones you know povray
deals gracefully with.  I mean, like "scale x*2" which gives you a warning
that you're likely commiting a mistake by scaling z and y by 0 and
correctly understands you actually meant "scale width by 2 and keep the
others the same".  After all, I like syntatic sugar and less typing as much
as anyone else... :)

I believe the same is true regarding empty unions...