POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : CSG Fonts - A New Idea? : CSG Fonts - A New Idea? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  CSG Fonts - A New Idea?
From: Randall Sawyer
Date: 1 Dec 2006 04:10:00
Message: <web.456ff0468ffcc40c7cac52a50@news.povray.org>
I recently found myself needing a bunch of tiny text objects.  And, they
needed to look kind of soft.  And, they needed to be legible.  The text{}
font-based objects were just too grainy.  But, I did get the results I was
looking for by making my own CSG letters.

I had looked at the standard-issue char() objects.  And, I noticed all those
separate #declare names.  I thought, wouldn't it be nice to put a string
into a macro and have it give me a CSG word?

Well, now that's exactly what I do!

What I would like to know is if there is anyone else interested in making
CSG Fonts and/or CSG-Font formatting tools?

This attachment contains:

1)  csg_font.history.txt              What I just typed, only more words.
2)  csg_font.standards.txt            My own current CSG-Font standards.
3)  srs.torlipse.sphere_sweep.inc     Include needed by next file.
4)  srs.wire.csg_font.inc             Where the font-making macros live.
5)  srs.csg_font.utility.inc          Where the font-formatting macro lives.
6)  csg_font.preview.pov              Run this to see what you've got.

I've done my best to annotate all of the files.

Have fun!

-Randall

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: