POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Indoor Lighting with Radiosity (Bath) : Re: Indoor Lighting with Radiosity (Bath) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Indoor Lighting with Radiosity (Bath)
From: JSR
Date: 30 Nov 2006 05:05:00
Message: <web.456eacaa3e8ef57cd8ef73430@news.povray.org>
Verm <pov### [at] thirteeendynucom> wrote:
> Nice - what did you use for the toilet & taps etc?
> Depressingly good modelling and a successful lighting test.

Hi,
All objects are made in AutoCAD, imported to the application I use (owner
application which can import AutoCAD models, render in OpenGL and add
lights and radiosity parameters, then export to .pov, .inc)

> There's still something a little cg about this image though and I'm not
> sure if it's the lighting or textures looking a little too "clean" or
> just the perfectly straight lines on the tiles that are ever so slightly
> aliased. (that said a photo of that much perfect tiling might look cg
> anyway :-)

I'm trying to improve my lighting techniques with key/fill lights and/or
radiosity, also trying to learn the correct parameters for materials
(reflection, refraction, etc..).

The only way I get good antialias is rendering a big image (>3000 pix
weight) and after resize. I always use just +a0.1, because other options
like +a0.1 +am2 +r7 +j takes too long to render and no improvement is
obtained.

Thanks for all comments,

JSR.