POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Scene Ruler : Scene Ruler Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:13:30 EDT (-0400)
  Scene Ruler
From: Randall Sawyer
Date: 28 Nov 2006 08:40:00
Message: <web.456c3bfe44c2d41f8c37caaf0@news.povray.org>
This is the header of the file:
//  Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer version 3.6 Include File
//  File ruler.inc
//  Author: Randall Sawyer
//  Last updated: 2006.11.28
//  the dimensions and attributes of the ruler including its orientation.
//  The edge of the ruler at the tick marked '0' will be at < 0, 0, 0 >.

I have been participating in the thread at 'POVRay Topics -> general ->
POVRay Includes Standardization'.  One topic of discussion has been the
need (or lack thereof) of standardizing scene metrics.

Whatever the outcome, it occured to me that if someone were to insert a
ruler into their scene with legible numbers on it, then they could better
communicate to a fellow povver the context of their scene's objects and
textures.  This could eliminate some trial-and-error time on the part of
the receiver of the shared include file.

The ruler isn't highly polished, its intended to be useful, not pretty.

Yours,
Randall

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: