POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #1 : Re: Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #2 Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #2
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Nov 2006 04:55:01
Message: <web.456c072588cc0edaf1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> Interesting how cultural features (children's games after all are also
> cultural features)

Very much so IMO

>develop differently in different parts of the world. I
> was just thinking also about the variation used in subsahara Africa using
> tin boxes attached to a piece of wood.

> This whole process mimics, as it
> were, the process of natural evolution, with independent changes following
> geographic isolation. Very Darwinian :-)

Are you looking to start an argument because I thing it is an Intelligent
Design issue :-)
Seriously is it not more to do with the availability of local recourses?

http://www.fairlieburne.co.uk/99Appendix.htm

> What worries me is the 'aspect' of the images on your side. Here, they look
> normally well-contrasted in the fore- and middlegrounds, in opposition to
> 3.7 renders that are uniformely washed-out under certain conditions..

It is difficult to compare images remotely and I am using a Compaq S720

images look quite light. But then you have a low sun and my preferences are
probably different from yours.