POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another Bathroom : Re: Yet another Bathroom Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Bathroom
From: stm31415
Date: 27 Nov 2006 12:25:01
Message: <web.456b1e46c1baabbdcf1900cc0@news.povray.org>
Verm <pov### [at] thirteeendynucom> wrote:
> nemesis wrote:
> > Verm <pov### [at] thirteeendynucom> wrote:
> >> All csg which is why the toilet looks as it does
> >
> > You mean, squared?
> It's meant to be squared, but not as squared as it is, although it is a
> contrast to the basin.
>
> > Remember: isosurfaces, blobs and lathes can be used in
> > CSG operations, not just the simple geometric povray primitives.
>
> True I wasn't meaning to say anything was impossible in CSG just some
> shapes are harder (for me), I know one can use blobs, lathes and
> isosurfaces in CSG but I'd think a mesh would be the simplest way of
> doing something like this:
>
> http://www.boundarybathrooms.co.uk/ECommerce/ProductImages/Detail/Mini%20Toilet.jpg

Nice stuff. As far as the toilet goes, I amp retty sure you could get very
close with boxes and cylinders if you were patient. Just need to use larger
radii cylinders for the bottom and sides of the bowl vs the top. Then a
torus insteasd of a sphere at the corner. Remember that the tank has a lid
and the bowl two seats, and you'd have something much more satisfyingly
toilet-like.

Anyway, the lighting is nice. The camera is placed fine, but you might play
around with it and see if there is somewhere more dramatic to place it, to
give it that showroom look. Looks good as-is, too.

--
Sam Bleckley
stm 31415 (at) g mail . com