POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred Metal Reflection Test - ala Nemesis : Re: Blurred Metal Reflection Test - ala Nemesis Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred Metal Reflection Test - ala Nemesis
From: Billy R
Date: 24 Nov 2006 14:00:00
Message: <web.456740f0140d3ac382ce9eee0@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hmm?  i take it the blurred reflection is on the blue box?  The effect is
> barely visible, perhaps because the box is so short.

Yeah, it is barely visible. I just wanted to see how it would look as a very
subtle effect - not as the main course. I also wanted to see how it would
react to HDR lighting, which is why the main surface is on the top. I see
something that may be artifacting on the top right corner of the box, but
that might just be a reflection from a dark portion of the hdr map.

>I wonder how would the ball look with it... :)  hey, you know with some code
>tweaking you can apply JVP's texture to
the averaged blurred texture as well, so >it's a composed texture.  Should look nice.
It's nice right now.

> but, is that megapov?!  doesn't it come with blurred reflections anyway?

Yes, MPov comes with blurred reflections, but I wanted to see how your
texture looks.

I think that it looks quite nice. I did some other tests where the blurring
was far more evident and it holds up well.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blur_artifact.png' (72 KB)

Preview of image 'blur_artifact.png'