POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : NOISE BLOBS FOR THE CRESTS OF OCEAN WAVES : Re: NOISE BLOBS FOR THE CRESTS OF OCEAN WAVES Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:03:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NOISE BLOBS FOR THE CRESTS OF OCEAN WAVES
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Nov 2006 06:00:00
Message: <web.45642ca9d6d04fcf838ba8a10@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

>These waves look like a swell coming in from
> the Atlantic with the wind building up to force 8 or 9.

Right you are! I live near the coast of Virginia, USA, and we get crazy
"Nor'easter" storms all the time. One is going on right now, in fact. Would
love to be down at the oceanfront to witness it!

Haven't yet thought of a way to make the wind "blow" in the opposite
direction. That would take some *real* finessing of the noise function.
Possibly by quickly fading in a high-frequency sin or cos wave form in y,
right near the top of the waves, to curl the triangles over there. Then
making the noise follow that.  Hmm....

Ken