POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : NOISE BLOBS FOR THE CRESTS OF OCEAN WAVES : Re: NOISE BLOBS FOR THE CRESTS OF OCEAN WAVES Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:03:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NOISE BLOBS FOR THE CRESTS OF OCEAN WAVES
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Nov 2006 02:45:00
Message: <web.4563ff3fd6d04fcfc9aaf65e0@news.povray.org>
"stm31415" <sam### [at] cscom> wrote:
> Does it add realism? I dunno 'bout that. It might, in the right scene -- but
> it adds style. There is a very chic look to them waves thar. They feel much
> wilder, much more violent without being great big towering things. I like
> it a lot. Nice work.

Thanks!  The comments on style are something I hadn't considered; you're
probably right. I think I was "too close" to the technical workings of the
code to see that. Especially after all the tweaking I had to do, hour after
hour! (Even a supposedly simple experiment has a way of becoming complex.
Ah, but that's the power of POV-Ray...being able to change anything at
will.)

BTW, sorry for the glaring capital letters in the title of this post; a
cut-and-paste error. Didn't mean to announce my little experiment with such
fanfare!  ;-)

Ken