POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sea buoy : Re: sea buoy Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:59:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sea buoy
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 20 Nov 2006 09:15:00
Message: <web.4561b80f86a785ddc0bad8570@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> Not as gorgeous as Tek sea, but I'm really happy with the result. This
> is a scene I had in mind for some years, but never got enough
> inspiration... until I've seen Tek sea: that was really inspiring!
>
> The sea is an isosurface, and the birds flock is simple csg with blobs
> and spheres. The buoy and the bird on it are Wings3D models done very
> quickly. The sky and sunlight come from Lightsys. Everything cooked
> during the weekend.
>
> Sources coming soon...
>
> --
> Jaime

Wow, Jaime, I think it looks great!

For me the strong points are the way the scene is framed, the colors
(especially those of the sky and sea), and the lighting, waves, and
reflections of the sun on the water. I think the buoy itself is on its way,
too.

I had a strong and long-lasting suspension of disbelief when looking at "sea
buoy".

I'm not sure what look you're going for. Are you looking for photorealism or
more of a stylized look, or maybe somewhere in between? I often like the
look of scenes that have a good dose of realism, but don't apologize for
being 3d renders.

If you want more photorealism, which is to say to extend the suspension of
disbelief, I'd say work on the appearance of the birds and bouy itself (I
think it could use some more dirtying up).

Nice results, keep it up! I wonder how many CPU's contributed to that 2h22
render time :-)

George
MegaPOV XRS: http://www.gammaburst.net