POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Abyss : Re: The Abyss Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Abyss
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Nov 2006 08:45:01
Message: <web.455dbbe4c3db15f5f1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote:
> Here the latest developments, all rendered with the latest beta version.
>
> The overview shows the current environment and an idea of the underwater
> base layout. However, the beta version does not render the media the way it
> should, as a result the water is missing some details. There are still many
> placeholders for the moduls I have to develop (the small, multi-colored
> cylinders).
>
> The other picture let's you have a look inside one of the tunnel sections.
> Due the development as macro, it is easy to configure the individual tunnel
> sections and even place different signs inside each tunnel section! Doors
> can open and close!
>
> On a later stage, each module will have a nicely and detailed developed
> interior design. I am also adding scuba divers, equipment and staff members
> to the scene. I am on a search for deep sea lifeforms I can include to this
> POV-Ray scene.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Sven

It looks good so far Sven. A couple of points for the interior. The doors
need latches, there should be some watertight doors that would not be flush
with the floor or the ceiling. These would have a facing that has a sealing
material visible and heavy duty latches. You will need AC supply and
extract ports along with PA system, Fire and Gas detectors and status
lights.

Stephen