POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water again (did I say final? lol) : Re: water again (did I say final? lol) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water again (did I say final? lol)
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Nov 2006 12:00:00
Message: <web.455c98ffe4e3b873f1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> "Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message
> > Although waves are said to be fractal and it is difficult to get a sense
> > of
> > scale from them the foam defines the scale for me. I would say that these
> > waves are no more that two meters high. (The lifebelt reinforces this)
> > This
> > jars with the scale of ship, to my eyes. You know RL often does not
> > measure
> > up to our imagination -)
> > Can you change the ship for a yacht? (Shakes both hands in a Tommy Cooper
> > movement :-). I'm sorry if I sound nitpicking but it is such good sea it
> > deserves the best.
>
> I think perhaps you're confused about what ship I'm using. if you look
> closely you might notice this is no longer a huge ocean liner, I've replaced
> it with a more appropriatly scaled trawler (as noted in my first post in
> this thread).
>
> To make this a bit more visible, here's a render without any water, and one
> with the boat moved closer to the camera & life ring for comparison of
> scale.

Yes you are right I was still thinking about the liner. Strange how after

BTW I asked a work colleague to look at
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3C455b17c1%40news.povray.org%3E/ridgedmf2.jpg
He worked offshore longer than me and when I said that it was a cg not a
photograph.

Endit.

Stephen