POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artistic water : Re: artistic water Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artistic water
From: Kenneth
Date: 10 Nov 2006 15:40:00
Message: <web.4554e34ec41de098f39556bf0@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> "Smws" <smw### [at] poboxcom> wrote in message
> >
>>... people may start to
> > suspect that your superbrain isn't so evil after all...
>
> Really? But I'm encouraging people to develop skills that serve no
> marketable purpose whatsoever! Just think of all those budding CG artists
> whose lives I've ruined by leading them to povray instead of Maya!
> Mwahahahahaha!

LOL!  Yeah, I think about that often as I tap away at my keyboard hour after
hour, tweaking, adding new things, discovering new tricks, forgetting to
eat(!), etc.  What can I say--I'm a slave to POV! Happily so!

Your images are simply fantastic, technically and artistically. They (and
the various suggestions of others) comprise one of the most interesting
newspost threads I've come across in awhile. MUCH food for thought here. I
agree with others: These are some of the most astonishing water waves I've
seen using POV-Ray. I *DO* like the "heightened realism"--like Old Master
paintings. Beautiful!

Ken W.