POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : compiling megapov.. : compiling megapov.. Server Time
3 May 2024 00:03:20 EDT (-0400)
  compiling megapov..
From: Shihan
Date: 10 Nov 2006 11:30:01
Message: <web.4554a7fdf42c2ca769dedb9b0@news.povray.org>
I'm running on amd64 with fedora core 5 and having not much fun with
megapov.

I've got povray 3.6.1 on the system (compiled from source) and im trying to
do the same with megapov 1.2.1 but not having much luck.

I finally figured out I had to add povray's library directives to megapov's
ini file, but now its just crashing out when trying to render bear.pov:

  0:00:00 Creating bounding slabs
  0:00:00 Creating vista bufferSegmentation fault
[xxxx@xxxxx scenes]$

Theres not much in terms of documentation for compiling (megapov) from
sources, so have I missed something important?