POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wings-modelled telephone inside JVP's photo-studio : Re: Wings-modelled telephone inside JVP's photo-studio Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:57:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wings-modelled telephone inside JVP's photo-studio
From: Smws
Date: 9 Nov 2006 23:45:01
Message: <web.455403ba295b90cbda53d9e40@news.povray.org>
"Charles C" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> That's impressive. :)  If it's a real model of phone, it'd be nice to also
> see a side-by-side too.'
> Charles

Thanks, Charles, and everybody. Of course this is a POV-Ray forum, and most
of the work on the phone was done in Wings3D, so I didn't mean just to show
off a model, it was more a showcase for the photo-studio to my mind.
However, one interesting thing: I wasn't able to get the dial to look good
as a mesh, so the dial and buttons are blobs. Also, I'm proud of the fact
that the numbers are procedural textures with object pattern, not
imagemaps.

As far as the real phone, the one here is close:
http://www.dcwstore.com/telephones/CR60_302RE.jpg

I don't take pictures very well, but the working model looks like this:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'phone2.jpg' (23 KB)

Preview of image 'phone2.jpg'