POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Thanks Again To FlyerX : Re: Thanks Again To FlyerX Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:00:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Thanks Again To FlyerX
From: fls13
Date: 8 Nov 2006 18:45:00
Message: <web.45526b3b2c190573e25bf7e0@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote:

> I like the free ones! I keep wanting to just try Maya, though.

Even people who use Maya or Max are exporting renders into Brazil or Mental
Ray. I'm a hobbyist, so there's no point in my even looking at those apps.
But you're always curious. :O)

> Well, I found POVMan and I found some shadders here:
> http://makewiki.aleppax.it/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/User/MHskinShader
> They look pretty good, so I will probably try it. I don't know when, though.
> If I need some help I will email you if that's okay. Thanks for the kind
> offer.

It can get tricky. I have a few compiled shader files I can send when the
time is right. They were done by a fellow named Rotanev over at Rotica and
that's what I'm using now. By all means let me know if you have questions
as I am always hopeful that someone can take all this to the next level and
then help me. :O)