POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A constrution store and two bathrooms : Re: A constrution store and two bathrooms Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:59:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A constrution store and two bathrooms
From: cogitas3d
Date: 8 Nov 2006 14:45:00
Message: <web.455232eee50e22d5eb4d93430@news.povray.org>
Hi everything!

First I liked to be thankful for your words.

Second, to say that I liked to know where I found this braziliam POV users
that appear here! :) To change some experiences about this excellent
program.

> Thomas

> Nice. I would suggest however, that you add some information about how you do
things. That would be informative for o
thers.

Thanks, I have to make many things better, but I love to learn with POV ;)

> Nice. I would suggest however, that you add some information about how you
do things. That would be informative for others.

Well, I use only Linux and opensource tools to work. I use Qcad to open and
cleaning the floorplan, Blender to modelate and Povanim to export the
files. So, I edit it with Vim or Gedit. I always have to edit the material
sources and put radiosity code how a .inc file.

I use:

max_trace_level 100 to avoit that black point aroud the scene, and
count 70 or 210 depending what angle is the camera.

> nemesis

> nice designs!  Nice clean illuminations!  My only complaint is the wide
camera angles which distorts the picture too much near the corners.  and
the image_pattern tilings in the bathroom are a little to bit repetitive.

Thanks!
About the angles: The scene is very little. I had to show many decoration
details I use 15mm cameras. With the big room was the same thing, to show
many detais but I had to learn more about camera positioning.

image_pattern: Other problem, I read that POV-Ray have a interesting way to
work with this. But that I use on the scene are catalogued tiles, I had to
download the images of a website. :)

> Smws

> No problem, your English is understandable.

:) :P

> our models look very good! Do I understand correctly that you modelled an entire
store, complete with bathrooms?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I modelate the entire store with your bathrooms.

> Was it for a client, or just a personal exercise?

I made it for a client. I have to modelate and to render my works in a few
days. Usually 3-5.