POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artistic water : Re: artistic water Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:02:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artistic water
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 7 Nov 2006 20:05:00
Message: <web.45512c31c41de098c0bad8570@news.povray.org>

> > Render time 6h 36m.
>
> > I'm very pleased with it, but the horizon looks wierd with all those wave
> > crests at exactly the same height.
> Adding some turbulence or 3d noise could reduce that effect.
>
>   Also the water has a really nice media
> > for stuff underwater, which is slowing down the render time, and you can't
> > see any sign of it in this shot! doh!

I love this look! I think an artistic, stylized, or idealized look can be a
lot more exciting than pure realism when making synthetic images, and I
feel you're onto something great with this one. Keep it up! I have a tool
that may help with that render time. Oh, and your signature rocks ;-)

Regards,
George
http://www.gammaburst.net