POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : glossy metallic reflection : Re: glossy metallic reflection Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: glossy metallic reflection
From: Roman Reiner
Date: 7 Nov 2006 09:40:00
Message: <web.45509993b8175aee696633280@news.povray.org>
"Smws" <smw### [at] poboxcom> wrote:
> I have the most trouble when the blurred surface is concave (as
> on my spoon) and it reflects itself... or I think that's slowing it down.

Making two copies of your object one with the blurred reflection texture and
additional no_reflection attribute and the other with a less complicated
version of the texture (e.g. just plain reflective or at least less
samples) with no_image and no_shadow usually solves that problem without a
big loss in picture quality (if any).

Hope that helps!
Regards Roman