POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oak Tree montage, WIP : Re: Oak Tree montage, WIP Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:28:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oak Tree montage, WIP
From: Kenneth
Date: 27 Oct 2006 02:45:00
Message: <web.4541a9e793ae5a784f827d3b0@news.povray.org>
"P Brewer" <pbj### [at] wowwaycom> wrote:
> Here's a comparison of my original lighting along with added .45 ambient.

A noticeable improvement! The ambient value, added (I assume) to the ambient
"glow" in radiosity, really did the trick.  I'll have to remember that for
my own tree scenes.

You had asked about how to differentiate the seasons: I would actually try a
slightly different light color for each (and a different light direction.)
It may not happen in reality, but I think we've become attuned to "seeing"
things differently in different seasons. Cool crisp blue for winter,
perhaps at a 45-degree angle; slightly yellowish (with some haze) and
directly overhead for summer, etc.  Fall might be late afternoon (and thus
late-setting sun, yellow/orange.) A bit of visual (and emotional)
manipulation, but I don't think we'd notice the "technique."  :-)

Ken