POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oak Tree montage, WIP : Re: Oak Tree montage, WIP Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oak Tree montage, WIP
From: P Brewer
Date: 26 Oct 2006 13:25:00
Message: <web.4540ef2993ae5a788af060f60@news.povray.org>

> I don't know much about X-Frog, so I don't know what kind of leaf objects it
> creates. If they are simple triangle patches--that is, just a "flat" front
> and back surface--you might try adding double_illuminate to them.  That
> worked for me when I made some similar leaf objects in sPatch. It allowed
> some light to filter through.
>
> Ken W.

Ken,

There are a lot of options for what to make the leaves out of, but I'm using
a flat mesh object similar to what you stated. I have the leaves tagged as
double_illuminate, but the leaves that don't get direct light hitting them
don't benefit from the tag regardless.

I have had some time to play with the lighting and found some ambient added
to the leaves to be the trick. I'll post a comparison this evening, as well
as the latest tree model I've come up with.