POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tree, Modeled within POV : Re: Tree, Modeled within POV Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:58:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tree, Modeled within POV
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Oct 2006 00:00:01
Message: <web.454031c1de2c77c4870dc4da0@news.povray.org>
"Neddahk" <Ned### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I have been working on a macro that creates a tree.  My goal is
> photo-realism, so I appreciate your comments and suggestions.  The tree is
> modeled entirely in POV using recursive macros. I've attached a few of the
> recent results.

VERY impressive!  And very timely and inspiring (for me):  I'm currently
working on a similar idea, using isosurfaces...to get real bark detail
mostly,  but also to "bend" the trunk and make it "bumpy", and to create a
lower trunk shape that mimics the way the roots spread out.  Will post an
example soon.

Haven't yet thought about branches--which your macros do a *beautiful* job
with. Congratulations on your excellent code design! Like others, I would
very much like to see it. Please post when ready.  :-)

Ken W.