POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tree, Modeled within POV : Re: Tree, Modeled within POV Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:56:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tree, Modeled within POV
From: Neddahk
Date: 25 Oct 2006 09:05:00
Message: <web.453f60bfde2c77c45618b8990@news.povray.org>
Thanks for all your generous input!  I'd like to implement some of the
changes you suggested and get my code cleaned up before I post it.

"Nekar" <ger### [at] rpmmagcoza> wrote:
> Ooh - lovely.
>
> How long did it take to parse and render? And what are your machines specs?
> And... are you going to post the code?

I render on a 2 Ghz PC; to get a tree with decent enough complexity it
usually takes about 2-3 minutes to parse and then renders at around 300 -
500 pixels per second.

(btw, I didn't actually bother to make an object for the ground other than
the leaves, so there's no shadow.)