POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : indoor lighting (radiosity) : Re: indoor lighting (radiosity) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:59:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: indoor lighting (radiosity)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 25 Oct 2006 04:05:01
Message: <web.453f1a403cae5eb8c4455c690@news.povray.org>
"JSR" <jsr### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Thanks to all for your fast repost,
> The color light I use for the image is <0.75, 0.72, 0.53>, it's to say,
> yellowish white. The idea was to represent a sunset and I use this color
> because it's the recomended by Jeremy Birn in his "color table":
> http://www.3drender.com/glossary/colortemp.htm
>
> I think that this image...
> http://www.nolights.de/stills/gallery/images/prep4company.jpg
> ..... is very beautiful and lighting is very realistic, I would like to see
> the source pov code of this image in order to have an idea of what was
> wrong in my image, comparing the materials, lights, radiosity,...
>
> JSR

Sure, I'm at the university right now, but when I get back home, I'll see
what I can do. The chair and sofa are big meshes though, so I guess I'd
have to take those out of the scene-file and replace them with something
simpler (low-res, probably), but you'll get the materials and lighting.

Regards,
Tim